Lower Ville-Marie terrace fees in place as Grand Prix weekend set to begin
MONTREAL — As Montreal prepares for an influx of visitors expected during the Formula One Canadian Grand Prix weekend, lower terrace fees in the city’s downtown core are easing both operating costs and the administrative burden on restaurants.
The Canadian Grand Prix runs from May 22-24 at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve and typically draws large crowds into downtown Montreal, boosting activity for restaurants and hospitality businesses.
Andreas E. Vecchio, owner of Caffettiera in downtown Montréal, said last year’s Grand Prix weekend was the restaurant’s busiest of the year, with demand roughly doubling on peak days.
“We served 800 coffees in a single Saturday,” he said, adding he was optimistic about this year’s event.


