Canada silent as Israel clears itself in death of aid workers, including a Canadian
OTTAWA — Israel has concluded its military did not commit a criminal act when it killed a Canadian and six other aid workers in Gaza two years ago.
The decision prompted outrage in Australia, where the foreign minister has summoned the Israeli ambassador, but so far Canada has not reacted to the report that was issued Wednesday.
Israel’s military prosecutor said it had decided against a criminal investigation into April 2024 airstrikes that hit a convoy of World Central Kitchen vehicles. The strikes killed Jacob Flickinger, a military veteran from Quebec, along with a Palestinian, and aid workers from the United Kingdom, Australia and the United States.
The aid group, which distributes food in Gaza, said at the time it had co-ordinated with the military over the convoy’s movement. The vehicles, which had the group’s logo on their roofs visible from the air, were left incinerated and mangled.


